Alumni Legacy Scholarship
The Alumni Legacy Scholarship is a four-year, renewable scholarship for incoming freshman available to the relative of a Boise State alumna or alumnus, who is a current member of the Boise State Alumni Association. The scholarship amount is equal to in-state fees during the fall and spring semester. It was established by the Boise State Alumni Association in 2003 to celebrate family traditions of attending Boise State University. Recipients are chosen by the Alumni Association Scholarship and Awards Committee.
Scholarship Application Minimum Requirements:
- Applicant must be a relative of an alumna or alumnus of Boise State.
- The relative of the applicant is defined as a parent, grandparent, or great-grandparent (rather than aunt, uncle, sibling, etc.).
- The relative of the applicant graduated (rather than attended without graduating) from Boise State University, Boise State College, or Boise Junior College
- The relative is a current dues-paying member of the Boise State University Alumni Association
- The applicant is an incoming freshman
- Minimum un-weighted high school GPA of 3.5
- Minimum ACT composite score of 24 and or a minimum SAT (Math and Critical Reading) score of 1090
- Enrolled as a full-time fee-paying student
- Completed Essay (no more than 500 words)
Scholarship Renewal Criteria: Scholarship recipients are eligible for up to three additional years if the following requirements are maintained:
- Full Time Student Status
- 3.25 cumulative GPA
- Participation as a member in good standing in the FAN Club (Future Alumni Network) or active participation in another student club or organization.
- Attendance at Alumni Association Board of Directors meetings and other key alumni events.
Scholarships are competitive, and qualifying for scholarships does not guarantee you will receive an award.