Jodie Long/Veronica Loucks Nursing Scholarship
The Jodie Long and Veronica Loucks Nursing Scholarship was established in 2006 by Jodie Long. It is named for her and her best friend, Veronica ‘Roni’ Loucks. Jodie created this fund as a way of helping students who are struggling financially, to complete their nursing education. She is a very private person who believes that her life has been blessed and this is a way she can give back. Jodie insists she gets a big ‘high’ from being able to do this and that assisting others is ‘the right thing to do.’ Jodie chose nursing education because she credits Roni and other nurses like her with saving her life on more than one occasion.
The Jodie Long/Veronica Loucks Nursing Scholarship
In order to be eligible for this scholarship students must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Personality traits include, empathy, drive, and dedication
- Plan to enroll full-time enrollment (12 undergraduate credits)
- Junior or senior-level students who are in the Nursing program
- Volunteer work/community involvement and traits such as empathy, drive, and dedication are taken into consideration
- Demonstrate financial need. We can determine your financial need by the results of your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Departments / Colleges
- School of Nursing - Undergraduate
- Supplemental Questions
- Please attach an essay (maximum 1000 words) that describes your volunteer work/community involvement and how it has contributed to your empathy, drive, and dedication to the nursing profession. Please upload as a single Word or PDF document (8 MB max file size) using your name and Boise State student ID number as the filename. To save as PDF: For Microsoft users: From Word document click File, Save As, and then click PDF or XPS. For Mac users: Choose print, click on PDF in the bottom-left of the Print menu and Save as PDF. Do not use any special characters in the file name including periods, hyphens, apostrophes, etc. You should also include your full name and Boise State student ID number on the header of each page.