H. Patricia and Donald W. Morse Scholarship in Nursing
The H. Patricia and Donald W. Morse Nursing Scholarship was established by Theresa (Terri) James, a graduate of Boise State University’s Nursing program. Terri established this scholarship in honor of her parents who were supportive of her aspirations to become a nurse. Terri hopes this scholarship will encourage future nurses to understand and perhaps accept the challenge of meeting the needs of patients in rural and underserved settings.
The H. Patricia and Donald W. Morse Scholarship in Nursing
In order to be eligible for this scholarship students must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Pursuing a Nursing BS major
- At least part-time enrollment (6 undergraduate credits, 5 graduate credits)
- Must be interested in providing patient care in a rural setting or already practicing in a rural setting
- Demonstrate financial need. We can determine your financial need by the results of your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Departments / Colleges
- School of Nursing - Undergraduate
- Supplemental Questions
- Please attach an essay (maximum 500 words) that describes your interest in providing patient care in a rural setting, or if you are already practicing in a rural setting, describe your clinical practice experience. Please upload as a single Word or PDF document (8 MB max file size) using your name and Boise State student ID number as the filename. To save as PDF: For Microsoft users: From Word document click File, Save As, and then click PDF or XPS. For Mac users: Choose print, click on PDF in the bottom-left of the Print menu and Save as PDF. Do not use any special characters in the file name including periods, hyphens, apostrophes, etc. You should also include your full name and Boise State student ID number on the header of each page.