Extended Studies Scholarship
The Extended Studies Scholarship
In order to be eligible for this scholarship students must meet the following criteria:
- Pursuing a degree through Extended Studies
- Plan to enroll at least part-time (6 undergraduate credits; 5 graduate credits)
- Demonstrate financial need. We can determine your financial need by the results of your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Departments / Colleges
- Division of Extended Studies
- Supplemental Questions
- Please attach a short essay (250-500 words) addressing the following: 1) Why have chosen your particular area of study and what are your academic aspirations? 2) Explain the impact your continued education will have on your personal and/or professional life. 3) What you have learned through your work experiences? 4) How do you plan to contribute to the workforce after graduation? 5) If you have experienced at least a 5 year cumulative gap in your education, please describe why you have decided to resume. 6) If you are a reentry student what challenges have you overcome and how have you addressed them? 7) At the end of the essay, please list any extracurricular activities, organization affiliations, offices held, or any honors and awards you have received (you may include high school). Please upload as a single Word or PDF document (8 MB max file size) using your name and Boise State student ID number as the filename. Do not use any special characters in the file name including periods, hyphens, apostrophes, etc. You should also include your full name and Boise State student ID number on the header of each page. To save as PDF: For Microsoft users: From Word document click File, Save As, and then click PDF or XPS. For Mac users: Choose print, click on PDF in the bottom-left of the Print menu, and Save as PDF.