Stemmler Family Nursing Scholarship
The Stemmler Family Nursing Endowed Scholarship was established in 2007 by Brandy and Bertram Stemmler to encourage dedicated individuals to succeed in the field of nursing. Brandy Stemmler graduated from Baylor University School of Nursing with a BSN in 1993. She worked at Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas, TX and Duke University Health System in Durham, NC. She is currently employed at St. Luke’s Regional Medical Center in the surgical ICU. Dr. Bertram Stemmler is a radiologist at Intermountain Medical Imaging and St. Alphonsus Regional Medical Center. Both have always had a strong commitment to healthcare. Their experience in the profession helped them recognize and appreciate the integral role nurses play in patient care.
The Stemmler Family Nursing Scholarship
In order to be eligible for this scholarship students must meet the following criteria:
- At least part-time enrollment (6 undergraduate credits, 5 graduate credits)
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Junior, Senior, and Graduate
- Pursuing a Nursing major within the School of Nursing
- Demonstrate community involvement (submit a short bio to the Nursing department about volunteer work)
- Departments / Colleges
- School of Nursing - Undergraduate
- Supplemental Questions
- Please attach an essay (maximum 500 words) that describes your volunteer work/community involvement and how you plan to participate in a lifelong career in professional nursing. Please upload as a single Word or PDF document (8 MB max file size) using your name and Boise State student ID number as the filename. To save as PDF: For Microsoft users: From Word document click File, Save As, and then click PDF or XPS. For Mac users: Choose print, click on PDF in the bottom-left of the Print menu and Save as PDF. Do not use any special characters in the file name including periods, hyphens, apostrophes, etc. You should also include your full name and Boise State student ID number on the header of each page.