John B. & Joan H. Carley Business Scholarship
The John B. & Joan H. Carley Business Scholarship was established in 2006 by John B. and Joan H. Carley. John Carley began working at Albertson’s in 1950 as a 16-year-old ice cream dipper and retired 46 years later as its president and chief operating officer. After working as a store director in Albertson’s stores in Idaho, Montana, and Washington John quickly ascended the corporate ladder, serving in operating positions in Seattle and Southern California. He was elected to the board of directors in 1979 and named Albertson’s president in 1984. John has also been very active in civic affairs, he served as the director of St. Luke’s Regional Medical Center, Director of the Idaho Power Company, Director of Western Association of Food Chains, Director of Boise Cascade Office Products Corporations, Director of MDI, and Advisor for the School Business at Boise State University.
In order to be eligible for this scholarship students must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum 2.85 GPA
- Freshman, Sophomore, Junior
- Graduated from Bishop Kelly High School
- Preference for Idaho residents and US citizens
- Plan to enroll full-time (12 undergraduate credits)
- Pursuing a major within the College of Business and Economics
- Financial need may be considered. We can determine your financial need by the results of your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Applicants must submit an essay and letter of recommendation.