Expand. CS Computer Science Award
The Expand. CS Computer Science Award is for undergraduate students in the B.S. in Computer Science who plan to enroll full-time (12 undergraduate credits).
- Each scholarship applicant must develop a realistic academic course plan for graduation and should intend to work in the Idaho CS industry for a least one year post graduation.
- Scholarship eligibility will be monitored each semester. To maintain scholarship eligibility, you must adhere to the academic course plan, maintain a minimum GPA of >2.5, and not receive a grade lower than a “C” in any enrolled course.
- The Expand.CS scholarship program is supported by a consortium of industrial CS partners from Idaho. The industrial partners currently contributing to this program include AppDetex, Clearwater Analytics, Hewlett Packard LES, MetaGeek LLC., Impact Sales Inc., Paylocity, and WhiteCloud Analytics.
- Internships may be available at the above companies to scholarship recipients. Students will be encouraged to explore these opportunities directly with company representatives at a mandatory scholar networking reception to be held on a to be determined date/time. Exemptions from this event due to other circumstances should be requested by the applicant in advance.
- Each successful applicant will need to sign a release form allowing Boise State permission to provide their application materials, include transcripts and faculty reference feedback, to the above listed industrial partners.
1. Provide the name of a CS Faculty member who has agreed to be a reference for you.
- If you are an incoming student please contact the Computer Science Department at (208) 426-5766 to arrange a department tour with one of the faculty outreach committee members who will then serve as a reference.
2. Cover Letter – Provide a brief background, motivation for studying CS and intention to stay an work in Idaho after graduation. One page maximum.
3. Resume – This should be the same resume you might submit to gain an internship or employment in a CS or related field. Two pages maximum.
4. Course Plan – This should show a semester by semester breakdown of each course you plan to take until graduation. The number of credits for each course should be listed. Click HERE for a sample (in excel format). You’re welcome to use this form.
5. Information Release Form – This document must be reviewed, signed and then scanned. You’re also welcome to bring the original release form to the CCP 364 admin office for scanning.
- Departments / Colleges
- Department of Computer Science
- Supplemental Questions
- Please select the name of the Computer Science faculty member who has agreed to be a reference for you.
- Please attach the following: a Cover Letter - Provide a brief background, motivation for studying CS and intention to stay and work in Idaho after graduation; a Résumé - This should be the same résumé you might submit to gain an internship or employment in a CS or related field. Two pages maximum; a copy of your Course Plan (link to sample Course Plan is included in the decription for this scholarship) This should show a semester by semester breakdown of each course you plan to take until graduation. The number of credits for each course should be listed and; an Information Release Form (a sample Information Release Form is included in the description for this scholarship) This document must be reviewed and signed. Please attach all documents as one .pdf file and include your name and Student ID on top of each page.
- Have you accepted an internship offer for the upcoming Spring or Summer? If so, please note the company you intend to intern with.