Department of Anthropology Scholarships Application
If you are pursuing an Anthropology degree and want to be considered for Department of Anthropology scholarships, you must complete the Department of Anthropology Scholarships Application and provide the following:
- Must be an undergraduate degree-seeking student pursuing a degree in Anthropology and pursuing a career in archaeology
- Letter of recommendation
- Writing sample (class paper or report)
- Demonstrated commitment (field school or survey/testing in paid or volunteer setting; participation in research labs, club participation, conference attendance, participation as volunteer or presenter.
Scholarships awards are competitive. Some awards are also based on demonstrated financial need. To be considered for any need-based awards, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the appropriate year.
- Silver Archaeological Award: The Charlotte and Perry Silver Scholarship in Archaeological Studies award provides support of student research projects in archaeology.
- John and Florence Schaertl Archaeology Scholarship: In 1992 the John and Florence Schaertl Archaeology Scholarship in archaeology was established in support of students pursuing a career in archaeology. As co-founders of the Idaho Archaeological Society, the Schaertl’s had long supported anthropology at Boise State University.
- Wesley Hurt Scholarship: The Wesley R. and Mary Hurt Endowed Scholarship provides support of student research projects in archaeology. Preference to graduate students.