Center for Global Education Global Learning Opportunities Scholarship Application
This application is for scholarships offered in coordination with the Boise State Global Learning Opportunities Office. The application that follows is for the following scholarships: USAC scholarships, Eto scholarships, Ansotegui-Fereday Memorial Scholarship, Global Learning Opportunities scholarships, and the Sandra Eggers Memorial Scholarship. You will be considered for all scholarships that you meet the minimum criteria for by completing this application.
- Have at least a minimum 2.8 cumulative GPA and be in good academic standing at Boise State University.*
- Answer all relevant questions
- Attach a typed essay
- Attach a copy of your unofficial transcripts (this can be obtained from my.BoiseState account). to be included with your essay
- A sample GLO budget form
- Request two written letters of reference, one of which is ideally from a Boise State faculty member. Reference letters from friends or family members are not acceptable.
Answer questions thoughtfully, proofread your application several times and being to research funding opportunities as soon as you become interested in studying abroad.
Information per scholarship.
- Any student who is participating in a USAC program is eligible to receive this scholarship, which will be deducted from the balance of fees owed to USAC. The average award is $500 – $1,500 per person.
Ansotegui-Fereday Memorial Scholarship
- Awards in the range of $500 – $1,500 will be awarded to students studying Basque language and culture in San Sebastian/Donostia and Bilbao in the Basque region of Spain. 3.0 GPA requirement.
- Several scholarship awards of $500 – $3,000 will be given to students who study at sites in Asia, Australia or New Zealand.
Sandra Eggers Memorial Scholarship
- Scholarships will be made available to Boise State students participating in a study abroad program. The average award is $500 per person. 3.0 GPA requirement.
Global Learning Opportunities Scholarships
GLO scholarship awards are available for any program and require the completion of service hours promoting study abroad upon return to Boise State campus.